Healthy, Crispy Whole Wheat Scones. Great recipe for Healthy, Crispy Whole Wheat Scones. There's no butter or margarine in the house! But I want to eat scones.
This recipe is so easy, there's. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut cream cheese and butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers until it resembles coarse meal. You can have Healthy, Crispy Whole Wheat Scones using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy, Crispy Whole Wheat Scones
- It’s 200 grams of Whole wheat (or strong flour).
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 of Flour (for dusting).
Add currants and orange zest and toss to incorporate. Make a well in the flour mixture. You'll never notice the whole wheat flour in these scones; it "disappears" thanks to cinnamon's assertive flavor and color. However, feel free to substitute an equal amount of all-purpose flour for the whole wheat, if you like.
Healthy, Crispy Whole Wheat Scones step by step
- Combine (sift, if possible) the whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder..
- Add the olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly..
- Add the milk a little at a time, kneading until it forms a dough..
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. If you're in a hurry, you can skip this step..
- Dust your working surface with flour, then knead the dough, just a little bit. Do not knead too much..
- Evenly spread out the dough, then cut into desired shapes..
- I use a cup to cut them into circles!.
- Then all you need to do is bake them for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 170℃. Keep an eye on the oven and adjust the baking time..
- They're done!.
- If they don't taste sweet enough, serve them with maple syrup or your choice of sweetener..
- Have them for breakfast. I found them delightful..
Scones are like biscuits — tender, soft, and best made with as little handling as possible. Whole-Wheat Maple Oatmeal Bread Holy Cow! Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. The baking powder:flour ratio in the recipe for "whole wheat raisin scones" on King Arthur's website is exactly the same.