Healthy Prune Scones. Put flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix together well. Then add the honey and prune puree into the bowl to stir. Put flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix together well.
Add prunes to flour/butter and toss to distribute evenly. Add sour cream mixture and stir with a spoon until a sticky dough forms. Mix milk and vanilla extract and use it to knead the dough. You can have Healthy Prune Scones using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Prune Scones
- You need 200 g of Flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 100 g of prune puree.
- It’s 70 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add remaining walnuts and the prunes to dry ingredients; toss until combined. Put prunes in a small bowl and pour hot tea over them. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Healthy Prune Scones step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Put flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix together well. Then add the honey and prune puree into the bowl to stir..
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and pour, along with the milk, into the main mixture slowly, mix well. Then add olive oil and mix to make a dough..
- With your hands, form the dough into golf ball size, and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press flat slightly with your hand. Bake for 15 min and remove to a cooling rack..
- How to make prune puree; Put 200 g prunes and 90 ml lukewarm water into a blender and mix well..
In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, and extracts. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Once the scones have cooled, place the glaze ingredients into a wide mouth mason jar and blend with an immersion blender. Sprinkle with a little lemon zest, if desired, and enjoy! RECIPE NOTES: Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar well.