Homemade Bread, Rolls Scones … etc.. Add the oil, honey or sugar, and salt. You don't want it sinking to the bottom.) Now stretch out your dough as far as it will go. See more ideas about baking, recipes, food.
Remove and drain on paper towel. Put a golf ball-sized piece of dough (depending on how big you want your scones) on a cutting board sprinkled with flour. Cut three slits in the dough to prevent air pockets forming while frying. You can have Homemade Bread, Rolls Scones … etc. using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Bread, Rolls Scones … etc.
- You need 3 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 1/3 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey or 1/4 cup sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 6 cup of warm water.
Whisk milk, sugar and yeast together. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine the flour and salt. With the mixer running, add the milk mixture and allow to knead in. Add the egg and allow to beat in.
Homemade Bread, Rolls Scones … etc. step by step
- Add the oil, honey or sugar, and salt..
- In a large mixing bowl, add 6 cups of warm water.
- Mix the yeast and 1 cup warm water, when active add to the water, salt, oil & then add the flour..
- Mix well and then add 15 cups of flour … depending where you live, you might need to add several more cups..
- Kneed well..
- When your done mixing put cheese cloth over bowl, and let rise..
- Punch down dough, several times..
- Spray pam on cookie sheet, if you make rolls. If you make bread, spray pam in bread pans..
- Then let rise again for 20-45 minutes..
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes..
- Makes cinnamon rolls, pretzels, scones, bread and rolls :).
- You can use wheat flour .. but you'll need more flour … several more cups..
Chilling the scones relaxes the gluten in the flour, which makes the scones more tender and allows them to rise higher. It also chills the fat, which will make the scones a bit flakier. For a great breakfast or brunch, you can go wrong with easy scone recipes. Try blueberry scones, lemon scones and more to complete your morning. Feel free to slightly decrease, but keep in mind that the scone flavor and texture will slightly change.