Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Try An Honestly Sweet Alternative To Sugar. Find Out How Truvia® Can Work For You. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
Place cherry in center and between each pineapple slice, if desired. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; set aside. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Baking Powder.
- You need of Eggs.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Fruit & Caramel.
- It’s of Ripe Pineapple.
- You need of Maraschino Cherries.
- It’s of Brown Sugar.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of Cherry Juice.
Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside. When melted, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Pink Peppercorn Caramel.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 360 F. Whisk together the dry ingredients..
- Prepare your pineapple. Be sure to cut deep enough so you get the eyes out. They will make your throat itchy if you don’t. Quarter the pineapple. Slice across the top and remove the tough and fibrous core..
- Slice pineapples and set aside..
- Make the caramel by melting about 1/4 cup butter in an oven proof pan (I used cast iron). Add in the brown sugar, a splash of the cherry juice and stir over medium low heat..
- When it starts getting good and bubbly, turn it off and remove from the stove. Place pineapples into the hot caramel as nicely as you can. Fill in any spaces with the cherries..
- Cream together the sugar and butter. Add in eggs one at a time and combine with each addition. Add in dry ingredients and combine throughly. Lastly, add in sour cream and combine. Pour over the pineapples and cherries..
- Bake for 35 minutes and give it a check. Its done when it becomes golden in color on top and a toothpick can come out clean from the cake potion of the cake. (Ignore those muffins, they’re in the strawberry rhubarb recipe)..
- Let the cake cool down for 10-15 minutes before flipping onto a cake plate. You want the caramel to set a little bit but not too much. If you flip it out too soon, it’ll be pineapple soup. Too late and you just wont get it out..
- Mint was the weapon of choice for the garnish. Really, it looks a lot better than it should. It should be illegal… that’s why I was so drawn to this cake. I hope you enjoy..
Peach Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Substitute reserved peach juice for the pineapple juice. Sp oon the batter over the pineapple, gently spreading out in an even layer. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping. Its juices seep down into the cake, adding even more luscious flavor and texture.