Smoked pineapple upside down cake. Prepare the cake mix per the instructions on the side of the box, but replace the water with the reserved pineapple juice. Thoroughly mix the batter, and then pour it over the pineapples and cherries. If you like regular pineapple upside down cake, you'll LOVE the flavorful addition of smoked pineapple that gives this cake the added depth of smoke flavor.
Smoked pineapple upside down cake 💜NinjaMommaKitchen. Let cool for five minutes once it's done then flip upside down onto cake plate whatever you're going to serve it on ( if you think it's going to stick run a butter knife along the edges before you flip it over if it still does not come out let it sit for an additional five. Allow to cool then invert the cake onto a serving plate. You can have Smoked pineapple upside down cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter (1stick).
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 (20 ounce) of can of pineapple rings reserve juice.
- It’s of Maraschino cherries.
- Prepare of Yellow box cake mix.
- Prepare 2 of eggs betten.
- Prepare of Wood chips.
- You need of Cherry wood chips.
The Cake turned out fluffy & moist. The pineapple topping was caramelized & gooey with a slight smokiness that was out of this world. Cast Iron Pineapple Upside Down Cake. We've given Grandpa's favorite pineapple upside down cake recipe a kick by baking the cake on a wood-fired grill to saturate it with flavorful hardwood smoke.
Smoked pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Put melted butter and baking dish (First do you want to do is set up your smoker and get it going).
- Make sure there is no lumps in your brown sugar take a fork in mash everything up make sure there’s no lumps then sprinkle on top of butter evenly.
- Place pineapple rings on top of brown sugar place cherries inside a pineapple holes.
- Next make your batter, mix cake mix eggs reserve pineapple juice should come to one cup I need one and 1/3 cup liquid add water to pineapple juice to make it 1 1/3 cup Once you have your batter made pour over top of pineapple rings evenly.
- Bake in smoker or grill at 350° Time temps very by here 45 minutes check to see if cake is done with toothpick method.
- Let cool for five minutes once it’s done then flip upside down onto cake plate whatever you’re going to serve it on ( if you think it’s going to stick run a butter knife along the edges before you flip it over if it still does not come out let it sit for an additional five minutes upside down it will eventually let loose..
We'd like to think he'd like it better this way. Pour cake batter into the iron skillet and place in the smoker. Flip the cake onto a serving platter and serve. Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cake For more barbecue and grilling recipes visit: http://howtobbqright.com/For a great dessert on the grill, you can't beat a. Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe.