Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Discover A Whole New Way To Eat, Drink, And Sweet With Truvia®. Truvia Helps You Reduce The Sugar & Keep The Sweet. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
Place cherry in center and between each pineapple slice, if desired. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; set aside. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need of pineapple rings, drained (keep juice for drizzling).
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of margarine, melted.
- It’s of Cake batter.
- It’s of AP flour.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It’s of vanilla sugar (7,5g).
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s of soy milk.
- It’s of rum.
Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside. When melted, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Pink Peppercorn Caramel.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Pour melted margarine in the bottom of a round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Arrange as much of the pineapple slices as possible. Refrigerate..
- Meanwhile, make the cake batter: whisk dry ingredients together. Pour in wet ingredients. Whisk until just combined..
- Pour batter over pineapple slices. Bake for 35 min in a 350°F/180°C oven..
- Let cake cool for 10 min, then drizzle a few tbsp of pineapple juice over the cake. Flip cake after 10-15 additional minutes. Serve slightly warm. Enjoy :).
Peach Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Substitute reserved peach juice for the pineapple juice. Sp oon the batter over the pineapple, gently spreading out in an even layer. When it's finished baking, the cake gets inverted in one big flip so that the pineapple rounds end up topping the cake and displayed upside down—or right side up, depending on your point of view. A cherry in each round adds a whimsical polka-dot sensibility to a cake that truly needs no introduction.