Pineapple upside down cake. Discover A Whole New Way To Eat, Drink, And Sweet With Truvia®. Truvia Helps You Reduce The Sugar & Keep The Sweet. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
Place cherry in center and between each pineapple slice, if desired. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; set aside. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 6 oz of granulated sugar.
- You need 6 oz of butter.
- Prepare 9 oz of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 can of pineapple rings.
- You need 1 of save the juice from the can of pineapple rings.
- You need 8 of cherries.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside. When melted, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Pink Peppercorn Caramel.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy add beaten eggs and add flour little at a time.
- Add pineapple juice that was drained from the can of pineapple rings and add baking powder.
- Prepare tin grease well and sprinkle sugar and decorate with the pineapple and cherries to your liking.
- Pour in cake mixture bake in a moderate oven for 20 to 40mins, when finish allow to cool a while and then turn upside down and serve.
Peach Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Substitute reserved peach juice for the pineapple juice. Sp oon the batter over the pineapple, gently spreading out in an even layer. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping. Its juices seep down into the cake, adding even more luscious flavor and texture.