Bacon Cheddar Scones. Bacon Cheddar Chive Scones We usually think of scones as sweet, not savory. But these rich, tender scones are packed with chunks of cheddar cheese and diced bacon, and accented with fresh chives. Serve them with soup or a salad for a satisfying meal.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. This easy-to-make scone recipe is packed with flavor from our Applewood Smoked Bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, and fresh chives. Enjoy fresh from the oven, or split and fill with scrambled eggs for brunch. You can have Bacon Cheddar Scones using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheddar Scones
- It’s 2 Kg of Hard Flour.
- Prepare 100 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 20 g of Salt.
- It’s 340 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 510 g of Butter.
- It’s 750 ml of Bacon.
- Prepare 250 ml of Green Onion.
- Prepare 1 L of Cheddar.
- Prepare 285 ml of Eggs (6).
- It’s 1.13 L of Milk.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add both flours, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder; mix on low speed to combine. Add butter, a little at a time, followed by salt. Bacon cheddar scones are wonderful for breakfast, dinner or anytime. Serve them for breakfast with coffee and your favorite jams and jellies or with any meal.
Bacon Cheddar Scones instructions
- Get ingredients together.
- Sift together first 4 ingredients.
- Work in butter (until butter chunks are peanut sized).
- Add bacon, green onions and cheddar then make well in the centre of the mixture.
- Final dough should look like this..
- Add eggs and milk mix in quickly and lightly until moist.
- Scoop using a 132g (green) scoop onto a cookie tray.
- Bake at 325F for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with butter.
Bacon cheddar scones will go with anything and they are delicious. The bacon and cheese along with the onions make these scones such a treat. Heat a medium size pot over medium-high heat. Add all the bacon to the pot. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until fat is rendered and bacon starts to crisp.