Craisin Scones. Blend in the cold butter at the lowest speed and mix until the butter is. Cut in butter then add the wet ingredients, chocolate chips and craisins. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Place the scones on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Collect the scraps neatly, roll them out, and cut more circles. You can cook Craisin Scones using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Craisin Scones
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of craisins.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced almonds.
- It’s 1 of egg (optional).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
Brush the tops of the scones with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, and. Craisins® can add a bit of brightness to this meal prep staple, along with some chia seeds, greek yogurt and fresh fruit. From The Garden Salad Take your backyard garden greens from planter to plate – adding some Craisins® and a cranberry vinagrette is a fast and easy way to make your homegrown veggies shine. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
Craisin Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Shred the butter into the flour by grating. Alternatively, melt the butter and pour 3/4 cup chilled milk on top of it. Then add it to the flour. Cold butter gives a fluffy consistency in the dough..
- Add craisins and almonds to the bowl.
- Mix the optional egg and milk separate. Add them to the bowl..
- Stir the bowl’s contents to make dough. Divide the dough into 8 rounded circles. Roll the circles in flour and then make ovals on a greased cooking sheet..
- Bake the tray for 18 minutes..
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and then brush the scone with milk. Using a sharp knife, score the top of the scone into eight. Combine flour, butter, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until butter is pea-sized or smaller. Mix in dried cranberries until evenly distributed. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.