Banana Raisin Spelt Scone. In a food processor, blender or large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar; add the butter and pulse the processor on and off a few times until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. In a separate bowl blend the egg yolk, yogurt, and wine vinegar, and add to the processor along with the banana and raisins. These Cinnamon Raisin Banana Vegan Scones are phenomenal.
I've wanted to make scones for some time now. The other truly great thing about scones is that the golden, yielding crust, wonderful flaky, tender interior, and delicious not-too-sweet flavour, are all achieved from just a handful of pantry staples. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. You can cook Banana Raisin Spelt Scone using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Raisin Spelt Scone
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Organic Spelt flour.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Organic Turbinado sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Can of Organic Full Fat Coconut Milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of coconut flakes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped fully ripen banana.
- You need 2 Tsp of Organic Raisins.
- You need 1 Tsp of Raw apple cider vinegar.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Learn how to prepare this easy Vegan Raisin Scones recipe like a pro. Scones are similar in taste and texture to biscuits, but with more class! Serve for breakfast or for an afternoon tea break.
Banana Raisin Spelt Scone step by step
- Blend 1/4 cup coconut flakes into flour, but do not over blend.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, including spelt flour, coconut flour, sugar, salt and banana chucks and raisins and baking powder..
- Add 1 Tsp vinegar into half can of coconut milk. Stir to mix and pour the mixture into dry ingredients bowl..
- Gently work with the dough until all things Incorporated well. Do not over mix. Pad down the dough and cut into small wedge-shaped scones..
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Grease a baking pan with oil or butter. Lay scones on the baking pan monolayer and separate from each other..
- Bake 15 minutes and serve hot..
It gives these scones their light. How to make Raisin Scones A vegan / vegetarian Raisin Scones recipe. Let cool for a few minutes and then transfer the scones to a wire rack. Chop the nuts into very fine pieces. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, ¾ths of the chopped nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a bowl and whisk together.