Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce. Peanut Dipping Sauce for Rice Paper Rolls This peanut sauce is everything!! This is a Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce. Place the lettuce roll on top of the prawns and roll up, tucking in the sides.
Mix remaining carrot, celery, vermicelli and prawns or meat if used in a. Make the dipping sauce by pounding the garlic, chilli, ginger and sugar together using a pestle and mortar, then stir in the fish sauce and lime juice. Alternatively, just blitz everything together in a mini blender. You can have Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- You need 2 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 of fresh lime.
- It’s 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sweet chili sauce.
- It’s 50 g of rice noodles vermicelli.
- Prepare 8-12 of rice paper wrappers.
- Prepare 8-12 of cooked peeled prawns.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh basil.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
- You need 1 head of green coral or baby cos lettuce.
To make the Peanut Dipping Sauce, stir the Hoisin sauce, peanut butter, and sugar together in a small bowl. Heat a small saucepan on medium heat and add a small amount of oil. For rice-paper rolls: Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Place rice sticks in large bowl; add enough hot water to cover.
Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce instructions
- Boil water with a kettle and vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with warm water for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Make dipping sauce by mixing peanut butter, fish sauce, juice of one lime, garlic, soy sauce, and sweet chilli. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Peel the prawns, slice in half lengthwise and devein.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. The bowl need to be large enough to fit the whole rice paper in one go. I like to use a large sauce pan if need be. Submerge the rice papers into the water for 2 seconds. Then place on the counter.
- On the top part of the rice paper, place 3 prawns with a mint leaf in between, and squash in the lettuce and other herbs. Fold the left and right edges of the rice paper in, then starting from the bottom, roll up to cover the lettuce bundle. Then keep rolling firmly. The rice paper is sticky, it will seal itself..
- Serve immediately with the peanut dipping sauce..
As much as I love the freshness of the rice paper rolls, the thing that makes them truly amazing is the dipping sauce! Once your ingredients are prepped, the rolling fun begins as sheets of rice paper are softened in water and used for the wrappers. Dipped in a spicy peanut sauce, these rolls are a great hot-weather appetizer or light lunch. If your appetite is piqued, learn more about Vietnamese food (and prepare to get even hungrier). How to Make the Best Vietnamese Salad Rolls with Shrimp and Peanut Dipping Sauce Prepare the shrimp: Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat and add shrimp.