Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt. Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Deep Fried Scones (Sopapillas) I have become a lover of scones—the English ones, the little (or big!) biscuit like tea scones that seem to be all the rage, but my family has not embraced them.
This is not the time to use fake pancake syrup. Buy the real stuff – pure maple syrup. It can be pricey, but I find that Trader Joe's has very affordable options. You can cook Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt
- It’s of INGREDIENTS for 8 Hot Biscuits.
- You need 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 25 g of Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- It’s 50 g of Milk.
- It’s 50 g of Yogurt.
My favorite is the bourbon maple syrup. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter (highly recommended!) or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Cooking Time / 20 min.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 170C..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and yogurt into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scooper or spoon and add to the hot vegetable oil. Fry until the dough is nicely browned..
- Place the scones on a kitchen towel for few minutes to drain the oil..
- Serve with yogurt and maple syrup. Enjoy!.
Mix dough thoroughly, you may have to add more flour to get a soft dough consistency. Gently drop dough in to hot oil one or two at a time. Fry for about a minute on each side, or until golden brown. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground oats, granulated sugar, baking powder and.