Mini pineapple upside-down cakes w/homemade whipped cream. Filling each almost all the way full without overfilling. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl; whisk smooth. Add in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and rum (or vanilla), and beat smooth.
Spoon over pineapple, filling each cup three-fourths full. Immediately invert onto wire racks to cool. Stir brown sugar and melted butter together in a bowl. You can cook Mini pineapple upside-down cakes w/homemade whipped cream using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini pineapple upside-down cakes w/homemade whipped cream
- You need of cake.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 of 20oz can crushed pineapple (drained with all juice reserved).
- It’s 1 box of yellow cake mix (or pineapple flavor mix).
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of veg oil.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of reserved juice (add a lil water to make the amount needed).
- You need of whipped cream.
- It’s 1 of container heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream or greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rum extract.
Spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared cake pan. Place pieces of pineapple on top of brown sugar mixture and around the outer edge of the pan, all facing the same way. Bottoms up and there's the topping! The cake's ready as soon as it pops out of the oven.
Mini pineapple upside-down cakes w/homemade whipped cream step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray. Add 1 teaspoon melted butter into each tin. Then add a tablespoon of brown sugar into each. Next add 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple. Using the back of a small spoon mix everything all together..
- For the cake: Mix cake mix, eggs, oil and juice in med size bowl on low speed of your mixer for 30 sec or til moistened, then turn to med speed and beat for 2 min. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup add cake batter into each muffin tin. Filling each almost all the way full without overfilling..
- Bake in oven for 20 min or til toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once finished take from oven and lay a sheet of foil on top, making sure to tuck around corners. Invert the pan and voila! Mini pineapple upside down cakes!!.
- For the whipped cream: combine all ingredients into a med size bowl (I let mine sit in the freezer along with my beaters for about 10 min) and beat together til stiff peaks form. Add to cooled cakes..
CAKE MIX PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl then mix together and pour into the bottom of pan. Add pineapple slices to the bottom of pan then place cherries in the middle of the circles. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream together the unsalted butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.