Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone). Oatmeal is a breakfast food made from oats and liquid like water or milk. Many foods fall in and out of favor as health trends come and go. Oatmeal is only as exciting as the stuff you put into it, since it's boring on its own.
Remove the pan from the heat. Oatmeal is a very popular breakfast food that consists of oats and a liquid, such as water, cow's milk, or plant-based milk. Full of nutrients and fiber, oats are one of the most nutritious. You can cook Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- It’s 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 25 g of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- Prepare 120 g of Milk (or cream).
- You need 60 g of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 35 g of Walnuts.
Searching for the perfect basic oatmeal recipe? Our tried-and-true formula is sure to be a keeper. Simple ingredients, easy directions, and plenty of fiber and protein make the beloved healthy breakfast staple more delicious than ever. Best of all, it's totally customizable—add your favorite nutritious mix-ins such as fresh fruit, sliced nuts, or a dollop of peanut butter.
Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 25 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare another cookie sheet and roast the walnuts until lightly browned – 3-5 min. Let cool completely..
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for 5 min and put aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk mixture and roasted walnuts to the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Oatmeal, a favorite food of many nutritionists, comes from an ancient cereal grain. It's an important world crop as it grows in cool and moist climates and doesn't require as many nutrients as. Subscribe and get comics in your inbox. Comics Latest Oats are commonly eaten for breakfast as oatmeal, which is made by boiling oats in water or milk. Oatmeal is often referred to as porridge.