Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Try An Honestly Sweet Alternative To Sugar. Find Out How Truvia® Can Work For You. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
Arrange pineapple chunks in a single layer over the butter and brown sugar, then sprinkle with pecans; set aside. The cake in the pan is flipped upside down on a plate after baking, as the name suggests. The 'flip' reveals the golden brown cake topped with caramelized pineapple rings and cherries. You can cook Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It’s 1 box of Yellow Cake Mix.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- It’s 1 can of Pineapple Rings.
Try out this pineapple upside down cake recipe for some heavenly glazed fruit goodness. Place pineapple slices in sugar mixture. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice and in the center of the pan. Stir only enough after each addition to combine.
Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Melt butter in pot or skillet on stove top over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar to butter and stir until mixture turns camel-like. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally..
- Open pineapple slices and drain juice into a cup. Set aside..
- Cut pineapple slices in half..
- Prepare cake batter as directed EXCEPT substituting water for the pineapple juice that was drained. Set aside..
- In a large cake pan butter the bottom and sides generously and line with cut pineapple rings.
- Pour carmel mix into pan over pineapple slices..
- Pour cake batter over mixture in pan..
- Bake in oven on 350°F until done..
- Remove from oven, loosen cake from edges, and turn cake pan upside down on a platter. Let cool..
- Slowly remove cake pan from platter..
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Eat and enjoy!.
Pour the batter carefully into the pineapple-lined baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl. Immediately invert cake onto Large Grooved Cutting Board or serving platter. Instead of plain water, use water plus juice from the pineapple can and maraschino cherries jar to add up to the same liquid measurement for the cake batter. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl.