Pineapple upside down cake. Discover A Whole New Way To Eat, Drink, And Sweet With Truvia®. Truvia Helps You Reduce The Sugar & Keep The Sweet. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
Place cherry in center and between each pineapple slice, if desired. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; set aside. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 1 box of yellow cake mix.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1 can of Pineapple rings.
- You need 10 of marachino cherries.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rum or rum extract.
Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside. When melted, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Pink Peppercorn Caramel.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Prepare cake as directed on box.
- Melt butter and brown sugar together.
- Spread butter and brown sugar mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan.
- Layer with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries.
- Pour cake batter over the pineapple.
- Bake as directed on the back of the cake box.
Peach Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Substitute reserved peach juice for the pineapple juice. Cranberry Orange Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Sp oon the batter over the pineapple, gently spreading out in an even layer. When it's finished baking, the cake gets inverted in one big flip so that the pineapple rounds end up topping the cake and displayed upside down—or right side up, depending on your point of view.