Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl.
Scones are by nature a goopy batter, if you look at the ratio of dry ingredients to wet. Sprinkle with the lemon sugar and gently press on it so it adheres. Freeze the scones and heat the oven. You can have Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- It’s of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- Prepare 100 g of Flour.
- Prepare 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 10 g of Brown sugar.
- You need 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- Prepare 40 g of Milk (or cream).
- It’s 60 g of Blueberries (Frozen).
A scone is a baked good made of wheat or oatmeal, with baking powder as a leavening agent. They are often slightly sweet (although savory versions also exist) and glazed with an egg wash. Scones are baked on sheet pans and include any variety of mix-in's — such as chocolate chips, nuts, and fresh or dried fruit. Lemon blueberry scones are loaded with fresh blueberries with a delicious lemon glaze drizzled over the top.
Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 25 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed..
- Add the blueberries and mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
These blueberry scones are just the thing to serve for a weekend breakfast, brunch, or special occasion. Moist and buttery and sure to have you craving for more! I've never been a huge lover of scones. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet and brush with heavy cream.