Vegan banana scones. Once you are happy with them, let them cool down. Chop the nuts into very fine pieces. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, ¾ths of the chopped nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
Overripe bananas were made for Banana Scones. They are moist, fluffy, just sweet enough and make a great snack. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. You can cook Vegan banana scones using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan banana scones
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of bisquick flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold vegan butter (sticks cut into cubes).
- You need 2 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 4 of table spoons of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of plant based milk (I used oatlay).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Extra flour for working the dough.
- Prepare of You can always substitute any vegan ingredients forregular stuff.
Mix coconut oil, sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla and LSA in a large bowl. Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mash bananas, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour wet mixture in and mix by.
Vegan banana scones instructions
- Mash the bananas and set aside. Get your flour sifted. Using your hands combine the cold butter cubes until the flour feels grainy or looks like sand. Then add the sugar and bananas, mixing well. Turn your oven to 350 degrees..
- After mixing well, add the plant based milk and work into a doughy ball adding flour if it's too sticky. After you get the firmness you like, roll your dough on a cutting board making sure to flour it first. Make sure your rolling pin is also floured. After rolling a circle of 1 inch thick cut into triangles (or whatever shape you like). Brush the scones with some milk and even sprinkle some sugar if you like..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. They are moist and flaky too..
Otherwise the scones will get soggy. Aside from substitute options listed above, I do not recommend changing anything in this recipe. Sweet, delicious, and bursting with juicy berries… these vegan blueberry banana scones definitely deserve a spot in your breakfast rotation. If you try this recipe for Vegan Blueberry Banana Scones, let me know! We enjoyed our banana scones simply spread with a little butter or vegan spread.