Chocolate Chip Scones. Chocolate chips make EVERYTHING better, and scones are no exception! These rich, tender scones aren't overly sweet, allowing the flavor of dark chocolate to shine through. Serve them as is, or spread with raspberry or apricot jam for one of those "big sigh" moments.
In a small bowl, combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Mix together the baking mix and brown sugar in a large bowl. You can have Chocolate Chip Scones using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Scones
- Prepare 6 of Ingredients: Makes.
- Prepare 2 cups of cake flour.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 2/3 cups of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips or to taste.
Cut the butter into the baking mix until fine crumbs form. Chocolate Chip Scones are also great to have pre-made and frozen when you want something a little sweet after dinner but don't want to make anything from scratch. Just fetch one of these from the freezer, heat it in the microwave until it's thawed, split it open, and spread some butter or Nutella (sshhh!). How to make chocolate chip scones: Start by mixing together some flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Chocolate Chip Scones instructions
- Put all the dry ingredients into the food processor and pulse a couple of times to mix. Then, add in the rest of the ingredients, except chocolate chips, and pulse until no white flour can be seen. Finally, when the dough is done, fold in the chocolate chips..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a lightly greased aluminum foil..
Then add in some cold unsalted butter. Using a pastry cutter, fork or two knives, work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal with some larger pieces remaining. The chocolate chips make them very tasty but the orange juice makes them special. Make sure butter is well chilled to produce the flakiest texture possible. Serve with clotted cream or lemon curd.