Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer). Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer) you can get creative with the fillings and the shape of the pastries. Middle eastern pastries in general have different dough types, shapes and fillings. They can be filled, or topped with literally anything, but traditionally, at least in my family, the fillings/toppings are, za'atar, white cheese, chili tomato paste, ground meat, labneh and spinach.
Spinach Fatayer is a lebanese spinach pie that has fillings of onion, sumac spices, and olive oil. In Arabic, this recipe called fatayer sabanekh, which is a popular breakfast dish among Middle Eastern locals. In Jordan, Lebanon, and other Levantine & Middle Eastern countries, they serve one of the best pastries and flatbread in the world.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, breakfast pastries (fatayer). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer) you can get creative with the fillings and the shape of the pastries. Middle eastern pastries in general have different dough types, shapes and fillings. They can be filled, or topped with literally anything, but traditionally, at least in my family, the fillings/toppings are, za'atar, white cheese, chili tomato paste, ground meat, labneh and spinach.
Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have breakfast pastries (fatayer) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer):
- Prepare of (A) the dough.
- Prepare 700 g of flour.
- Make ready 2 tsp of instant yeast.
- Take 2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Make ready 2 cup of warm milk.
- Take 2/3 cup of olive oil.
- Take of (B) cheese filling.
- Take 200 g of feta cheese.
- Get 100 g of chopped fresh parsley.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Prepare of (C) spinach filling.
- Get 3 cups of fresh spinach.
- Get 150 g of pomegranate.
- Take 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced finely.
Cheese fatayer are a perfect side dish or snack. You can have them for breakfast or pack them in your picnics. Today the dish is Arabic Spinach pastries (Fatayer Sbankh) The Arabic pastries are very popular back home. People have it for breakfasts, lunch, or dinner, and they serve in women's gatherings, picnics, lunch invitations, and weddings too.
Instructions to make Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer):
- Mix all the ingredients in section A until well combined, then knead with hands for 5 minutes..
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. it should double in size..
- To make the cheese filling, combine all the ingredients in section B and mix until it forms a paste..
- To make the spinach filling, wilt the spinach in a pan with the onions, then turn off heat and add the rest of the ingredients in section C..
- Cut the dough into even portions and then roll them out and fill them with any of your chosen fillings. I always like to make a variety..
- Brush some egg whites onto the dough to give it a golden colour..
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake the pastries for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked. serve hot..
Fatayer Sabanekh are Middle Eastern Spinach stuffed pastry triangles… In the Middle East we are known for making pastries, the fillings vary but the dough is usually the same. Spinach filling is one of the most popular fillings, but it can be minced meat, white cheese, or good Zaatar! What Are Fatayer Sabanekh (Spinach Pastries) Fatayer for Breakfast O ne of my favorite things to eat, I have discovered is fatayer (often pronounced feteer or fata-er). Fatayer literally means pastry in Arabic. They are savory pockets of dough and are usually filled with a variety of things, the most popular of all being spinach (sabanekh).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food breakfast pastries (fatayer) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!