Sweet and sour shrimp. Add the sauce and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in sweet-and-sour sauce.
In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. You can have Sweet and sour shrimp using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour shrimp
- It’s of rice vinegar.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of ketchup.
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of rice.
- Prepare of red bell pepper.
- Prepare of green bell pepper.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of shrimp.
- Prepare of carrot.
- You need of pineapple.
Experience the yin and yang of Chinese cooking in this sweet and sour shrimp recipe by Feng Shui consultant Leslie Jacobson. Medium shrimp will do just fine in this dish that is fleshed out with pineapple, red peppers, celery, carrots, and onions. Sweet and Sour Shrimp is made with golden-crispy shrimp, healthy veggies, and coated in a delicious sweet and sour sauce. I love making simple, quick, and flavorful meals for the whole family to enjoy.
Sweet and sour shrimp instructions
- In a measuring cup, combine cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Peel, rinse and devein shrimp; season with salt and pepper; set aside..
- Chop vegetables; set aside.
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- In a medium saucepan, add rice vinegar,soy sauce,sugar, ketchup, bring to boil; turn heat to simmer and set aside.
- Add oil to a large, non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers, pineapple and carrot; cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add shrimp to skillet; cook 3 minutes until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into skillet; reduce heat and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Plate rice, then add shrimp and sauce; garnish with green onions or thym and sesame seeds.
Heat up a skillet with the cooking oil on high heat. When it's heated, add the garlic and stir fry until the garlic turns light brown. Add in the shrimp, stir fry until the surface turns white. Dip the shrimp into the batter, letting any excess drip off. Add to the hot oil and cook in batches until golden brown.