Pork and Chicken Satay. One way to free up some time is to make chicken or pork satay — the Thai version of barbecue — as the main course. The meat can be marinated beforehand, and the dipping sauces can be prepared in advance. Place the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, turmeric, Tabasco, oil, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and water in a food processor or blender, pulse until smooth.
In Sumatra, you'll find goat satay that's been braised before grilling, and in Melaka, bright-yellow satay made with chicken skin. In Bali, you'll get minced-pork satay flavored with coconut and chilies and grilled on lemongrass, and in Singapore, sweet and savory prawn satay with a mild, chunky peanut sauce. Chicken satay: Replace the pork with thin slices of boneless skinless chicken breast. You can cook Pork and Chicken Satay using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork and Chicken Satay
- It’s of marinate.
- Prepare of Lean pork.
- You need of Chicken Fillet.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Fish Sauce.
- It’s of Sriracha.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- You need of Brown Sugar.
- You need of Peanut butter.
- Prepare of Pineapple juice.
- Prepare of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Dipping Sauce.
- You need of Coconut milk / Evaporated mil.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- You need of Sriracha.
- You need of Peanut Butter.
- You need of Vinegar.
- Prepare of Garnish / Side Dish.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- It’s of Japanese mayo.
- Prepare of Roasted Sesame Seeds.
Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion, garlic and chili. Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, coriander, and cumin. Prepare the skewers: Put pork in a mixing bowl. Baste and brush with some oil while grilling.
Pork and Chicken Satay instructions
- Cut pork and chicken into 1-inch chunks wash and drain..
- In mixing bowl, combine all the marinate Ingredients together with chunks pork and chicken cover and set aside..
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, curry powder, soy sauce, Sriracha, peanut butter and vinegar in sauce pan. Whisk or stir occasionally until desired consistency is reached; set aside..
- Thread chicken and pork onto skewers..
- Preheat grill. Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken and pork is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 12-15 minutes..
- Garnish/ side dish: chop cabbage and carrots as thinly as possible (you can also add mangoes) then add japanese mayo. Also cut tomatoes or you can just use cherry tomatoes..
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce..
- You can visit my YouTube Channel for Video tutorial. Just search "RJP Creatives" and subscribe. Thank you and watch out for more simple recipes..
Cut beef or chicken into small pieces or strips—thinner is better. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the marinade over the top (reserve some marinade if you want it for basting). Serve skewers with Peanut Satay Sauce. This prevents them from burning when on the grill. For beef, slice beef into thin slices and tenderize with a fork.