FEATHER LIGHT SCONES. Featherlight Scones "Scones fit into just about every meal," assures Stephanie Moon, from Boise, Idaho."This dough bakes up beautifully into fully golden wedges. We love the tender triangles with butter and cinnamon-sugar," she adds. Featherlight Scones Recipe photo by Taste of Home Flaky and light, these scones are perfect for snacking or for breakfast.
Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the egg, yogurt and vanilla until just combined. Featherlight scones with jam and clotted cream are a quintessential part of any English afternoon tea. You can have FEATHER LIGHT SCONES using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of FEATHER LIGHT SCONES
- It’s 500 ml of SELF RAISING FLOUR.
- Prepare 50 ml of SUGAR.
- Prepare 100 ml of BUTTER.
- You need 125 ml of BUTTEMILK.
- Prepare 1 of EGG.
It was only fitting, therefore, that scones were our recipe for our trip to London. These easy featherlight scones will elevate your afternoon tea to the next level. And the recipe is so easy, it is almost foolproof. How to Make Feather Light Scones.
FEATHER LIGHT SCONES step by step
- SIFT FLOUR IN A BOWL. ADD SUGAR.
- RUB IN THE BUTTER UNTIL THE MIXTURE RESEMBLES BREADCRUMBS.
- COMBINE THE BUTTERMILK AND EGG AND ADD TO THE DRY INGERDIENTS WITH ENOUGH MILK TO MAKE A SOFT DOUGH.
- TURN ONTO A LIGHTLY FLOURED SURFACE AND KNEED GENTLY.
- ROLL OUT ABOUT 2CM THICK AND CUT WITH 6CM DIAMETER ROUND CUTTER. PLACE ON A GREASED BAKING TRAY AND BRUSH WITH EGG GLAZE.
- BAKE FOR 15-20 MINUTES OR UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN.
- REMOVE AND COOL. SERVE WITH CREAM AND JAM.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Normally, scones are a dense pastry. The addition of yogurt madethese scones the lightest and fluffiest scones I've ever tasted. Also, the sugar topping is a nice surprise addition and much easier to work with than a glaze.