Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes. Fill cupcake tin with liners and set aside. Whip cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Add syrup and cream, then beat in powdered sugar until creamy.
Topped with the ultimate cream cheese and buttercream frosting with cherries and pecans. These cupcakes will quickly become a family favorite. Add egg yolks one at a time, reserving egg whites in a separate bowl. You can cook Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes
- Prepare of Cupcake Ingredients.
- You need 1 packages of 16.25 oz. White cake mix with pudding.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil/canola oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans, divided.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It’s 1 packages of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened (1 stick).
- It’s 4 of to 6 cups sifted powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
Mix yolks into sugar mixture after every addition. Our shortcut version of a classic Italian cream cake uses a cake mix, but has a homemade cream cheese frosting and is topped with flaked coconut and chopped pecans. In a large mixer bowl add the cake mix, vanilla pudding, water, eggs and oil. Fold in the chopped nuts and coconut.
Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Fill cupcake tin with liners and set aside..
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of coconut.(Or more if you like) Continuously stir to allow the heat to dry out the coconut and begin to brown. This can take about 5-10 minutes. Also, keep in mind that if you are using sweetened coconut it tends to brown faster so keep a close eye on the browning process. Once brown, set aside to cool..
- Mix first five ingredients until well incorporated. Gently stir in 1 cup of coconut and 3/4 cup of pecans reserving the rest for the topping..
- Spoon the cupcake batter into your lined cupcake tin 3/4 of the way full..
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven once done and allow to cool completely before frosting..
- For the cream cheese frosting- In a stand mixer (or a regular hand held mixer will do fine) beat the cream cheese and butter until well combined and smooth..
- Add the sifted powdered sugar one cup at a time until all the sugar is incorporated. Add in the almond and vanilla extracts until smooth and creamy..
- Frost cupcakes once cooled or pipe on frosting using a piping bag and tip. Top the cupcakes with remaining chopped pecans and toasted coconut and enjoy!.
Beat shortening in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and. Alternately mix in flour and buttermilk. Beat together ricotta and mascarpone in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, orange juice, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Frost cupcakes as desired and top with additional mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts (pistachios), and/or maraschino cherries.