Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones. I corporate butter using a pastry cutter or you can use your hand in crumble butter into cake mix. Make a well in center add in milk incorporate makeing a dough. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
Though we trade the traditional cream cheese frosting for a honeyed Crème Fraîche Icing in these carrot cake scones, we keep the base faithful to the original with a veggie-rich, well-spiced batter and plenty of chopped walnuts to add crunch. Carrot cake is my favorite, but I don't always want to make an actual cake (nor do I need to eat a cake!). So, the last time the urge hit to make a carrot cake, I decided to turn it into scones. You can have Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones
- It’s 1 box of Carrot Cake Mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cloves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 cup of ap flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of chopped cold butter.
- It’s of sugar drizzle: optional.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of powder sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
All of the flavors that you would expect to find in a carrot cake are present in these carrot cake scones, unless you are someone who puts raisins. Grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Ray's' Carrot Cake Scones step by step
- preheat oven to 400 and parchment line a baking sheet.
- add cake mix, carrots, sugar spices 2 cups flour, and cubed butter to a large bowl. I corporate butter using a pastry cutter or you can use your hand in crumble butter into cake mix. Make a well in center add in milk incorporate makeing a dough. Slowly add in last cup of flour in incorporate till you get a dough..
- lightly flour counter and roll out dough to desired thickness. cut with a knife. Add to baking sheet bake 25min..
- sugar drizzle: combine powder sugar & water mix well drizzle on top if desired.
Roughly break up the dates and put them in the food processor with the flours, baking powder and spices (whole wheat flour, plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt). Blend until the dates are pretty well broken up and mixed through. These scones taste just like the classic dessert! They're perfectly tender and full of cozy spices. And that cream cheese drizzle takes them over the top!