Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili. Beef and bean chili is one of my go-to meals when ground beef is on sale and this twist on it using Jamaican jerk seasoning flavours! This stew has the core chili components of beef, beans and tomatoes with the seasoning replaced with jerk flavors including scotch bonnet peppers, plenty of allspice, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic, ginger and citrus. In large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook the hamburger and onion, breaking up the hamburger.
Add beef, jerk seasoning, chili powder, and cayenne. This Jamaican Jerk chili is delicious, spicy, and very fun to make. It requires a single pot in which things are cooked, removed, and added again so the clean up is minimal. You can have Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili
- It’s of ground beef.
- Prepare of onion, minced.
- It’s of red bell pepper, minced.
- You need of large cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s of minced jalapeño, or to taste.
- It’s of ginger powder.
- You need of thyme.
- Prepare of allspice.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of orange, juice & zest.
- You need of lime, juice & zest.
- You need of soy sauce.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- It’s of can diced tomatoes.
- You need of kidney beans, rinsed & drained.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Optional Garnishes:.
- You need of Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Green onions.
- You need of Coconut rice (Jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk, not water).
- It’s of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Fresh pineapple, diced.
You will probably spend more time prepping the ingredients than anything else: it's best to get everything ready before turning on the heat. Use the dry jerk seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and ground cayenne pepper to season each of the meats while you brown them in a skillet. Drain the fat and put the meat in a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker as well as a bit more jerk dry seasoning and mix well.
Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili instructions
- I like to mise en place my ingredients before I begin cooking; makes it easier, and less likely I'll forget something. Took me about 40 minutes to prep. I mince the onion, bell pepper and jalapeño (jarred) very small for better distribution in the chili. And because my sister and I don't care for the texture of tomatoes, I puree them with an immersion blender before adding..
- In large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook the hamburger and onion, breaking up the hamburger. When meat is no longer pink, stir in the bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño. Let cook 5 minutes..
- Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes..
- Serve hot with desired garnishes..
Directions Heat a deep, large skillet or a pot over high heat. Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is tender. Add the yellow pepper, and cook until tender. Season with cumin, paprika, chile powder, sugar, salt, and cloves.