Tofu Scones. Put all the ingredients into a bowl, and stir with a wooden spatula while mashing tofu. Place scones, just touching, on prepared tray. Serve the warm scones with tofu cream.
When done, allow them to cool and then drizzle with frosting. This last scone recipe is savory instead of sweet. The recipe calls for lemon juice, lemon zest, fennel seeds, and garlic to create an Italian flavor profile. You can cook Tofu Scones using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Scones
- You need 120 grams of Tofu.
- It’s 120 grams of White flour.
- You need 30 grams of Joshinko.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
These Savory Lemon Fennel Scones would be great with pasta, or as a savory biscuit with a tofu scramble. you could leave out the garlic and add sugar to make these into a sweet version, too! Place your scones onto parchment paper on a baking tray and then brush the tops with some soy milk (or other plant milk) – this is what makes them brown on top. Serve with jam and whipped coconut cream for the most fabulously delicious tea time treat. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy milk and egg replacer.
Tofu Scones instructions
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl, and stir with a wooden spatula while mashing tofu..
- Roll the dough out and fold 7~8 times. When done, roll out the dough into 2.5~3cm thickness, and cut the round scones out by using a glass. (decide on the thickness considering they will double in size when baked)..
- Bake in a 190℃ preheated oven for 25~30 minutes (You can also bake at 200℃ for 20 minutes)..
- Note If you would like to make them extra fluffy, use 90 g of white flour and 30 g of bread flour. If you substitute more bread flour, the crust will be softer. Play around with altering the amounts of flour for different results..
Combine with dry ingredients, and stir until dough forms. When scones are at their best, they are delicate, buttery, and oh-so-flaky. However, there are mistakes you need to be wary of and avoid. Using anything but cold ingredients: The secret to the flakiest scones is to start with cold ingredients — cold butter, cold eggs, and cold cream. Similar to making pie crust, using cold ingredients prevents the butter from melting before the scones are.