Mixed berry Scones. In a pitcher, mix together the cream, milk, egg, vanilla, strawberry preserves, and red food coloring. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix them together until they're halfway combined. Add the remaining berries and stir until everything is combined.
Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Cut in the cold butter. (I used a *(affiliate) pastry cutter). Combine the egg and salt together in a small bowl, and brush the tops of the scones with the wash. You can cook Mixed berry Scones using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed berry Scones
- It’s 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon peel (optional).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed berries.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Inspiration for big, bold, berry-filled scones. Combine butter, yogurt, milk, vanilla, berries and the egg.
Mixed berry Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon peel in a bowl and whisk..
- Cut butter into small squares and use a pastry tool or fingers to knead the butter into rice sized pieces..
- Add berries and buttermilk and stir until the mixture is dough like..
- Create two balls and roll them out into two circles. Cut each circle into six pieces..
- Put the scones on the parchment paper and brush milk onto the top of each of them. Sprinkle a generous about of sugar on top of them..
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Take out and enjoy! :D.
Flour counter surface and pour dough onto the counter. With flour hands, work dough until no longer sticky. These mini mixed berry scones are full of blueberries and raspberries and drizzled with a sweet lemon glaze. Sweet, summery, and small enough that it's perfectly acceptable to eat more (how many more is up to you ?). When my brother, sister, and I were younger, we really enjoyed all holidays.