Christmas elbow salad. Try Flavorful Salad Dishes with Easy Recipes from Hidden Valley® Ranch. To make it, a package of elbow pasta is cooked in enough water with salt. This side dish that is seen in almost all Puerto Rican events: from Christmas parties to quinceañeros (sweet fifteens).
Sprinkle chopped pecans and cranberries on top. Chicken Macaroni Salad a Pinoy Style Christmas Recipes. Chicken Macaroni Salad or Macaroni Salad is a pasta salad, made with cooked elbow macaroni, prepared. You can have Christmas elbow salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas elbow salad
- You need of elbow pasta.
- It’s of Pineapple in syrup.
- You need of thick ham.
- You need of corn kernels or frozen corn kernels.
- You need of cream or yoghurt.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of Red Apple.
- It’s of lemon.
- You need of walnuts in halves for garnish (optional).
- It’s of Steps.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next five ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Just before serving, add bacon and toss.
Christmas elbow salad step by step
- To make it, a package of elbow pasta is cooked in enough water with salt. Once cooked, drain and empty into a deep dish.
- 6 slices pineapple in syrup are cut into squares.
- 1 thick slice of ham is cut into cubes and soaked in the pineapple syrup for at least an hour.
- Then we put the ham and pineapple in a pot with the syrup to which it is consumed and we integrate it with the elbows.
- We added a can of corn kernels, I used frozen corn kernels and chopped some nuts and added them.
- Stir 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise with a little pineapple syrup and a tablespoon and a half of sugar in a cup and stir it with the salad.
- We cut a red apple into cubes and we place it in a dish with water and a squeezed lemon so that they do not oxidize.
- The apples are drained and added to the salad, stirring everything.
The familiar salad recipe consists of elbow macaroni and a mayonnaise base. Both recipes include boiled eggs and onions. But that's where the similarities end and local flavor takes over. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper.