Cranberry & Orange Scones. The traditional English name for the plant. Cranberry is a type of evergreen shrub that grows in bogs or wetlands. Cranberry is native to northeastern and northcentral parts of North America.
Cranberry (as juice or in capsules) has been used in alternative medicine as a possibly effective aid in preventing symptoms such as pain or burning with urination. Cranberry sauce is an important part of a Thanksgiving meal, but there are many other ways to enjoy this fruit all year round. Here are some tips to incorporate cranberries into the diet: Cranberry Recipes. You can have Cranberry & Orange Scones using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cranberry & Orange Scones
- Prepare 3/4 cup of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of Bran ( or wheat germ ).
- You need 1/3 cup of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of orange Orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 100 ml of Dried cranberries.
- It’s 1 of Chopped white chocolate.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sour cream.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Find easy recipes for cranberry sauce, fresh cranberries and dried cranberries from your favorite Food Network chefs. Cranberry, any of several small creeping or trailing plants of the genus Vaccinium (family Ericaceae) and their tart edible red fruits. In regions where they are grown, cranberries are a popular pie filling, their juice is widely marketed as a beverage, and in sauce and relish form cranberries are traditionally associated with U. This year's Camp Cranberry will be bigger and better – and safer – than ever with the expansion of fun and educational presentations.
Cranberry & Orange Scones step by step
- Cut the butter into 1cm cubes and chill in freezer. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Put the ingredients from all-purpose flour to the salt and grated orange zest into a large bowl and mix together..
- Add the chilled butter and cut with a pastry blender or 2 knives (like making a bread dough) Then add the dried cranberry and mix evenly. Add chocolate here, too..
- Mix the baking soda and sour cream in another bowl. The mixture of baking soda and acid is what makes the dough plump up. Then add the egg and vanilla extract..
- Pour 3 into 2's bowl. Mix the mixture with a fork evenly. You may feel it is not moist enough in the beginning, but do not worry. When it comes together, push the dough at the edge of bowl several times to knead lightly. Then make the dough into a ball..
- Put the dough on a cutting board lined with parchment paper. Spread it into a 20cm diameter, 2cm thick disk. When nice and round, cut into 8 pieces like a pizza. You can make your favorite shapes or pieces..
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper, and place the rolls on it with plenty of space in between. Sprinkle with granulated sugar if you want. Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven. When the bottom of scones are browned, they're done..
- Bran is very light and seems like it can float in the air, very similar to wheat germ. It's full of fiber!.
- In step 2, cut the butter until crumbly. It takes time, but this is the trick to making crispy scones. It takes 20 minutes for me..
- I used frozen cranberries. Fresh cranberries are sour, so sprinkle on a large amount of sugar and put in lots of white chocolate..
El arándano rojo o Cranberry, rico en Vitamina C, es una variedad de baya que crece de un pequeño arbusto que alcanza como máximo medio metro de altura. Cranberries are a member of the heather family and related to blueberries, bilberries, and lingonberries. The most commonly grown species is the North American cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon. Cranberry juice can temporarily make conditions, such as acid reflux, worse because it is mildly acidic. Some people find that cranberry juice leaves an unusual taste in their mouth, or that it.