Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sugar•cookies. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sugar•Cookies is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sugar•Cookies is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook sugar•cookies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sugar•Cookies:
- Make ready 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Get 3/4 cup of margarine or room temperature butter.
- Get 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Instructions to make Sugar•Cookies:
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be relatively soft. If the dough seems too soft and sticky for rolling, add 1 Tablespoon more flour..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Place each portion onto a piece of lightly floured parchment paper or a lightly floured silicone baking mat. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness. The rolled-out dough can be any shape, as long as it is evenly 1/4-inch thick..
- Lightly dust one of the rolled-out doughs with flour. Place a piece of parchment on top. (This prevents sticking.) Place the 2nd rolled-out dough on top. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours and up to 2 days..
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Carefully remove the top dough piece from the refrigerator. If it’s sticking to the bottom, run your hand under it to help remove it– see me do this in the video above. Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes. Re-roll the remaining dough and continue cutting until all is used. Repeat with 2nd piece of dough..
- Arrange cookies on baking sheets 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. If your oven has hot spots, rotate the baking sheet halfway through bake time. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating..
- Decorate the cookies with my sugar cookie icing recipe!.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food sugar•cookies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!