Caribbean Pepper Sauce. Providing Specialty Hot Sauces & Much More. Large Selection Of Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Wings Sauce, Seasonings & Rubs. Experience A Taste Of The Islands With The Caribbean's Best Loved Rum Cakes.
Each island and household has its own recipes, and you can always find a bottle of homemade pepper sauce in most homes. Don't be surprised if your host or hostess asks you if you would like to have some pepper sauce with your meal. To finish up all you have to do is mix in the vinegar, salt and lime (or lemon) juice and mix well with the ground peppers. You can cook Caribbean Pepper Sauce using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caribbean Pepper Sauce
- Prepare of scotch bonnet peppers.
- Prepare of habanero peppers.
- Prepare of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of large white onion.
- Prepare of small carrots.
- Prepare of cumin.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black ground pepper.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of limes juiced and zested.
- You need of mango.
- It’s of pineapple w/ juice.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Optional.
- You need of thai chili peppers.
- It’s of olive oil.
This recipe is as traditional and basic as you can get when it comes to peppersauce in the Caribbean. You can now get creative and add other ingredients like papaya (green), bitter melon, carrots and other herbs. That Hot Sauce really looks fantastic! I am in the process of aquiring the ingredients and will definitely be trying it!
Caribbean Pepper Sauce instructions
- Chop and combine ALL ingredients..
- Place all ingredients food processor. Puree until smooth. However I like a little texture from the veggies 😋..
- Put in steel pot simmer for 1 hour, cover on low. Try not to smell it directly..you might sneeze..
- Rinse dishes in cold 💧 water..
- Find either glass or disposable thick container with firm sealable lid. You will need to two for this recipe. One container if you split the recipe in half..
- Let mixture cool and place on jar..
- Delicious with rice dishes, grilled veggies, orzo and roasted chicken. ENJOY Friends!.
I grew up on a Caribbean Island, and hot pepper sauce was a staple in the house and at every meal. Must have the Scotch Bonnet aroma and flavour, not to mention the heat with all meals. First are hot sauces that are produced in tropical locations like Matouk's Pepper Sauces from Trinidad & Tobago and Iguana Pepper Sauce from Costa Rica. Another element of Caribbean hot sauces here at HotSauceMall is the type of pepper used in the hot sauce. Karma's Kitchen HandCrafted Caribbean Pepper Sauces.