American Scone. Simply pat the dough into a rough circle and use a sharp knife or bench scraper to cut it into wedges. This technique also helps prevent you from overworking the dough. Alison Bickel Scone Additions and Variations.
American scones are different, but different isn't necessarily a bad thing! Today's scones are sweeter, heavier, and aren't usually topped with butter because there's so much butter IN them. Sweetness aside, there's still room for vanilla icing or a dusting of confectioners' sugar on top. You can cook American Scone using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of American Scone
- Prepare 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 grams of Margarine.
- Prepare 1 bag of Peanut flavored chocolate.
British scones have a much plainer flavour profile, and are designed to be topped with things like clotted cream, butter, lemon curd, and/or preserves. American scones are often dense wedges or triangles, while British scones are taller and usually round. British scones are reasonably dense, but not as dense as American scones. American scones are different, and that difference can be a beautiful thing.
American Scone step by step
- Prepare a plastic bag. Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- These are the ingredients..
- Add all the ingredients into a plastic bag, and rub together to form a chunk. Add chocolate when it comes together, and mix lightly..
- I use this chocolate it's a Family Mart Convenience Store original snack..
- Take the dough out of the plastic bag, and roll it on the baking sheet to make it 3cm thick. Cut the dough into your preferred shapes..
- Mine looks like this You can use a mold too. But if you gather the extra pieces together, they won't puff up..
- Bake the scones for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Please adjust the time according to your oven..
An American scone does not need jam or clotted cream—or any filling, really: It's a self-contained snack (though an. Chilling the scones relaxes the gluten in the flour, which makes the scones more tender and allows them to rise higher. It also chills the fat, which will make the scones a bit flakier. These American style Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze are perfect breakfast treat or afternoon guilty pleasure. Delicate sweetness from blueberries and lemony tanginess from the icing – it doesn't get any better than this.