Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients until well combined. The mashed potato frosting is basically my skinny garlic mashed potatoesmade with fresh thyme which really compliments the meatloaf. I highly recommend using double metal liners, they hold up well with the meat, and if you want to re-heat leftovers, you can simply take the metal part off and pop them in the microwave.
Serve these mashed potato topped or Avocado topped meatloaves for family dinner or party get-together – Yummy! To make Mashed Potato "Frosting," warm leftover mashed potatoes and milk in a small pot set over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in Parmesan, garlic powder, and dried herbs. You can have Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting using 17 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
- You need of meatloaf mix:.
- Prepare 2 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of quick cook oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine diced onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of topper:.
- Prepare 9 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s of potato frosting:.
- You need 3 lb of bag idaho potatoes.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Mound potatoes on top of mini meatloaves after they come out of the oven. Mix ground beef, saltine crackers, onion, green bell pepper, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and seasoned salt together in a bowl. While the potatoes are still hot, add the cream cheese, garlic, and parsley to the bowl.
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatloaf mix ingredients with clean hands until combined well!.
- Prepare 9 jumbo muffin cups with non stick baking spray..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with meatloaf mix. Pack it down well!.
- Top each one with the topper! 1tbl. Ketchup per meatloaf cupcake..
- Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile while that's cooking, peel and boil potatoes as you normally would for mashed potatoes..
- When fork tender drain from water and return to pot..
- Beat in butter and cream cheese until creamy. U don't want lumps for this one..
- Stir in cheese. And set aside to cool for a few moments..
- Prepare a piping bag with your favorite tip or ziplock bag with a small hole cut in corner..
- Fill bag with mashed potatoes. And set aside..
- When meatloaf is done drain any grease and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Pop meatloaf cupcakes out the tin and place onto serving plate…
- Pipe the potatoes as u would normal frosting in any design or manner you choose on top of meatloaf cupcake..
- You will have leftover potatoes. Just serve them with meal..
- Serve your meatloaf cupcakes hot and enjoy!.
- Tips from me to u:.
- I used motz cheese for both meatloaf and potatoes the motz I used was infused with oregano. But u can use any type of cheese you wish. Just use the same cheese in meatloaf and in potatoes so flavors don't clash. :).
- Makes 9 jumbo meatloaf cupcakes. Wich will serve 5-9 people depending on how big of an eater you are..
- They do reheat well! So great for lunch the next day!.
- Feel free to use your favorite meatloaf recipe in place of this one!.
Stir to combine, and continue to stir the potatoes until the cream cheese has melted and incorporated completely. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the potatoes, water to cover the potatoes, and salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, finely dice the onion and place them in a large bowl. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or butter.