White whole-wheat flour adds a boost of fiber, and just enough butter gives them great flavor and texture without going overboard on calories. Try them with brunch or alongside your dinner salad. Whether it's tea time or dinner time, these scone recipes are perfect for any occassion. You can have Simple and Healthy Dinner Scones using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple and Healthy Dinner Scones
- It’s 200 grams of ●White flour.
- You need 4 tsp of ●Baking powder.
- You need 1 of ●Egg.
- You need 40 ml of ●Olive oil.
- You need 50 ml of ●Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ●Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ●Salt.
- You need 40 grams of (to taste) Salami.
- Prepare 40 grams of Gorgonzola cheese.
Our first recipe is Toasted Almond and Cherry Scones. Substitute an equal amount of chopped pistachios or walnuts for the almonds, if you prefer. Scones do not have to be sweet to be easy and delicious. These cheese and garlic scones are a six-ingredient miracle.
Simple and Healthy Dinner Scones step by step
- Dice the salami and cheese. Preheat the oven to 200°C..
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Combine with the ingredients marked ●, and mix so the dough comes together..
- Mix in the salami and cheese..
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1 cm with a rolling pin..
- Cut out round shapes. You can use a cup for this..
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 200°C..
- They are nicely browned when done..
The result is a biscuit-like treat that pairs perfectly with dinner (or any midday snack that your heart desires). In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add the butter and use a pastry blender, or two knives, to cut in until it resembles small peas. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.