Easy scones. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins. Self-rising flour, lemon-flavored soda, and heavy cream are the only ingredients required in these incredibly easy lemon scones. If there's an easier recipe out there, we don't know about it. "These scones are so quick and simple," says recipe author purplepiscean.
Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. This Easy Scones Recipe will ensure your afternoon tea or cream tea is just like being at a tea house in England. You can cook Easy scones using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy scones
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s 8 tbsp of suger (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 180 ml of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of egg.
These light and fluffy scones are irresistibly good. This simple English scone recipe will hit the spot if you're craving some tender scones with clotted cream and jam! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Easy scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Sieve flour and mix all dry ingredients..
- Add butter in with your hand and rub to form crumbs..
- Whisk egg and sour cream together and gradually pour into flour mixture. Use a flat bladed knife or pastry blender to mix but make sure not to over work your dough.
- Prep your work surface with a dusting of flour and pat the scone dough to a thickness of about 2cm. Again make sure dough is not over worked..
- Puff your baking tray with flour and place your 12 cuts of dough scones on..
- Pop your tray into the oven and leave to bake for 20 min or until golden brown..
- Once baked, set them out to cool and serve them with jam or butter and grated cheese..
Grate the frozen butter and add to dry mixture. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut in the butter. A simple powdered sugar glaze made with lemon or orange juice or a light cream cheese frosting can be added after baking and cooled slightly for a sweeter more dessert-like scone. Once you learn how easy it is to make scones you will be making them frequently. Gingerbread is a flavor that works with all sorts of delicious holiday baked goods.