Cocoa and Chocolate Scones with Pancake Mix. Great recipe for Cocoa and Chocolate Scones with Pancake Mix. The pancake mix chocolate scone was so good, I had to make the sequel. It's so easy, there's nothing to say really.
Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly). Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter. You can have Cocoa and Chocolate Scones with Pancake Mix using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cocoa and Chocolate Scones with Pancake Mix
- Prepare 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- It’s 60 ml of Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cocoa.
- You need 1 of bar White chocolate.
To make the scones: In a large mixing bowl, blend the flours, cocoa, espresso powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together thoroughly. Using a stand mixer equipped with the beater paddle; or a pastry blender, pastry fork, or your fingertips, work in the butter until the mixture is unevenly crumbly. Pour the melted butter into the pancake mix and give the mixture a quick stir with a spatula. Then pour in the milk, mix again, and add the chocolate.
Cocoa and Chocolate Scones with Pancake Mix step by step
- Break the chocolate up roughly into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the pancake mix and the cocoa into a bowl..
- Mix the ingredients well with a whisk..
- When the butter has softened, mix it in well..
- Add the milk and chocolate and combine it all together. If the dough doesn't come together, try adding a bit more milk..
- Finally, bring it together by hand..
- Place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Cut it into 8 pieces..
- Line them up evenly with enough space in between. Bake for 25 minutes in a 340°F/170°C oven..
- All done..
- You can make a lot and freeze them. Microwave them for 30 seconds (at 600w) to defrost..
Lastly, gather the dough into a ball with your hand. Tip the mix into a bowl and gently mix through the chocolate chips. Mix together the pancake mix, baking powder, and sugar with a whisk – this will lighten up the pancake mix and make it fluffy. Next pour in your heavy cream, beaten egg and vanilla, mixing until halfway combined. Add in your chocolate and finish mixing – your batter will not be smooth, and this is perfect!