Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix. Pour the melted butter into the pancake mix and give the mixture a quick stir with a spatula. Then pour in the milk, mix again, and add the chocolate. Lastly, gather the dough into a ball with your hand.
Add in your chocolate and finish mixing – your batter will not be smooth, and this is perfect! Great recipe for Crispy Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix. I made a quick and easy snack using pancake mix. You can cook Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix
- Prepare 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- You need 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of bar Chocolate.
Mixing the cold butter with flour is the key to having crispy scones. It's really easy, so please give it a try. This is a coffee-flavored variation on chocolate chip scones. Please adjust the amount of instant coffee to your liking!
Chocolate Scones Made with Pancake Mix step by step
- Break the chocolate into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the pancake mix in a bowl, add the softened butter and mix with a wooden spatula..
- Add the milk and chocolate pieces and mix..
- Finally, bring the dough together by hand..
- Place the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and gently shape it..
- Cut it into 8 slices with a knife..
- Space out the slices a little bit.
- Bake them for 25 minutes in a 340°F/170°C oven and they are done. The baking time will differ depending on your oven, so adjust accordingly..
- You can also freeze them. To defrost them, microwave them for 30 seconds at 600W. The melted chocolate is delicious..
Note: When using coarse instant coffee, make sure to dissolve in a small amount of hot water before adding into the pancake mix! Add the pancake mix to a bowl and add the cold margarine. Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly). Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter.