Chicken with pineapple sauce. Our Recipes Are Made with the Finest Ingredients. Find Your New Secret Recipe Today! In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
Place the chicken pieces in a heavy bottomed saucepan or casserole. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Top the chicken with the pineapple chunks, pineapple juices, onions, red bell pepper,. You can cook Chicken with pineapple sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken with pineapple sauce
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- You need of can pineapple rings.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of pinky-sized nub ginger, minced.
- Prepare of large shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare of birds-eye chili, de-seeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare of pure unsweetened pineapple juice.
- It’s of coconut palm sugar.
- It’s of fresh mint, chopped.
Nestle the chicken in the skillet and add any accumulated juices. Add the pineapple mixture, the ground spices, water and salt. Place flour in a large shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Combine pineapple juice and cornstarch in a bowl; mix together.
Chicken with pineapple sauce step by step
- In a large bowl, combine the fish sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and the lime juice. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and the chicken thighs. Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate..
- Lay the pineapple rings out on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve the juice from the can..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Shake the marinade off the chicken thighs and put them in the pan, skin-side down. Let them fry gently for 20 minutes, until the skin is deep brown. Flip the chicken over and let fry for 10 minutes on the other side. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Lay the pineapple rings into the pan. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, then gently flip them over. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes again, then remove them from the pan..
- Add a splash of veg oil to the pan and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger, shallot and chili. Saute for 1 minute, then add the pineapple juice (including the juice from the can). Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce and the palm sugar. Lay the chicken thighs into the sauce, skin-side up. Let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced by two-thirds. Serve with the pineapple slices over rice, with a sprinkle of mint..
Pour in pineapple juice mixture and bring to a boil. Cook – Brown the chicken in a skillet and stir in the bell pepper. Combine – Mix the sauce ingredients together and bring to a simmer in a small pan. Pour in the cornstarch slurry and simmer until thickened. Make – Pour the sauce over the chicken and add the pineapple and cashews.