Jay's Blueberry Scones. scones – lemon blueberry, ham and cheese, pumpkin, almond joy, coconut. donuts – cinnamon sugar, glazed, blueberry, maple. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Cut in butter until flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Using a pastry brush, gently coat the tops of each scone completely, using all of the glaze. Mix egg yolk and half & half; add to dry ingredients. Skill Level: Beginner Techniques Used: The Biscuit Mixing Method Components Used: Basic Scone Recipe, Lemon Glaze Recipe What are Scones? You can have Jay's Blueberry Scones using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jay's Blueberry Scones
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Shortening.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Blueberries.
Scones fall into the category of baking known as quick breads. Quick breads are bread like products that are leavened with baking soda and/or baking powder instead of yeast, meaning they can be made quickly. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and fold in the blueberries. Form the dough into a square and wrap in plastic wrap.
Jay's Blueberry Scones instructions
- Heat oven to 375°F..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well..
- Cut in butter and shortening..
- In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients..
- Stir in fruit..
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds..
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown..
Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with a little bit of almond flour and gently roll or press the dough into a ½-inch thick square. Jay's homemade layer cakes are customized to your needs. Choose from yellow cake or Devil's Food cake, and also choose any color icing decoration & inscription. Chocolate, white or whipped icing available. Cream cheese and buttercream icing is available for an additional charge.