Blueberry Scones. These meltingly good scones are rich with blueberries and cream. These meltingly good scones are rich with blueberries and cream. Blueberry Scones These tender scones feature fresh blueberries, which leak rivulets of purple-blue juice into the dough around them as they bake, making for an especially enticing presentation.
Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in cream mixture. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. You can cook Blueberry Scones using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Scones
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 stick of cold butter.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in butter until largest pieces are the size of peas. Stir in blueberries and lemon zest. Sift together the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Blueberry scones are a quick and easy breakfast pastry recipe.
Blueberry Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl..
- Cut in butter, then add cream and beaten egg..
- Work dough until well combined. Incorporate blueberries gently. Do not overwork the dough..
- Turn out dough on floured surface, and flatten into even, circular shape..
- Cut dough into 8 pieces and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with white sugar, then bake for 25 minutes.
Since there's no yeast, they go from the mixing bowl to the oven relatively quickly. First, mix the dry ingredients together. You need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of peas. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup.