El Pollo Loco (CopyCat). To Promote a Safer Delivery Experience, All Orders Are Now Left at Your Door By Default. No Delivery Fees on Your First Order, Order from Your Favorite Restaurants Today! How to make El Pollo Loco Chicken Recipe (Copycat) Combine all the ingredients with the exception of the chicken using a large bowl.
El Pollo Loco Chicken is hard to describe if you're not local to the restaurant. There is a definite citrus flavor, but there is also a definite brick chicken quality to it. I used to watch them cook the chicken on my lunch. You can cook El Pollo Loco (CopyCat) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of El Pollo Loco (CopyCat)
- It’s 1 of Whole Chicken (Bottom Rib Plate Removed, Breast Bone Split).
- It’s of For The Marinade.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White Vinegar.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (Minced).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Anaheim Pepper (Deseeded and Diced).
- Prepare 8 drops of Yellow Food Coloring.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 16 ounces of Pineapple Juice.
For marinade, mix all ingredients, except chicken, together. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Steps to make El Pollo Loco (CopyCat): Make the marinade, mix all ingredients. Place chicken laid out flat in a large container.
El Pollo Loco (CopyCat) step by step
- Make the marinade, mix all ingredients..
- Place chicken laid out flat in a large container. Pour in marinade..
- Let sit in the refrigerator overnight..
- Reserve 1 Cup of the marinade for basting..
- Grill chicken flat, turn 4 or 5 times to make sure it's well cooked basting after each turn..
- When done let rest 10 minutes then cut chicken into 8 pieces..
- Make some beans and rice, grab some warm flour tortillas. Maybe a Corona and Lime..
Let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Combine all ingredients except chicken, including the juiced fruit rinds, in a large Ziploc bag. Add in chicken and marinate overnight. When ready to cook, remove chicken and discard marinade. El Pollo Loco, or "The Crazy Chicken," has been growing like mad since it crossed over the border into the United States from Mexico.