Banana & Pecan Scones. A banana is an elongated, edible fruit – botanically a berry – produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa. In some countries, bananas used for cooking may be called "plantains", distinguishing them from dessert bananas. The fruit is variable in size, color, and firmness, but is usually elongated and curved, with soft flesh rich in starch covered with a.
You can do more with bananas than the old peel-and-eat. Banana, fruit of the genus Musa, one of the most important fruit crops of the world. The banana is grown in the tropics, and, though it is most widely consumed in those regions, it is valued worldwide for its flavor, nutritional value, and availability throughout the year. You can cook Banana & Pecan Scones using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana & Pecan Scones
- Prepare of Scones dough.
- You need 1 cup of pecan halves (or walnuts).
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 0.5 tsp of salt.
- It’s 5 tbsp of cold butter (or 0.3 cup solid coconut oil).
- Prepare 2 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 0.25 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey (or maple syrup).
- You need 0.5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- It’s 1 cup of confectioners sugar (powdered/icing sugar).
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of melted butter (or coconut oil).
- It’s 0.5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of maple syrup (or agave syrup).
The banana plant is classified as an arborescent (tree-like) perennial herb, and the banana itself is considered a berry. A bunch of bananas is called a hand; a single banana is a finger. The most common type is the Cavendish, which is a type of dessert banana. Green when unripe, it yellows as it matures.
Banana & Pecan Scones step by step
- Preheat the oven to 420F/215C. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet. Bake for about 3 mins, then let cool for a few minutes and chop them..
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 3/4ths of the chopped pecans, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Mix..
- Cut the butter into very small pieces with a sharp knife and add to the flour mixture (use a fork if opting for coconut oil instead of butter)..
- In another bowl, prepare the liquid part. Add mashed banana (should be about 3/4 cup), then add milk until you reach 1 full cup (so about 1/4 cup milk). Add maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix..
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry one and combine with a big spoon. Use your hands to knead the dough and make sure that all ingredients are well incorporated..
- On a flat surface, form the dough into a circle (about 1 inch deep). Use a sharp knife to cut it into 8 even slices (like a pizza)..
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes in 400F/200C..
- Let the baked scones cool for at least 15 mins. In the meantime, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the scones and sprinkle it with the remaining chopped pecans (before the glaze dries)..
Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber , as well as several antioxidants. Alternatively, pair a banana with a protein source like peanut butter to refuel your glycogen stores post-workout. As a bonus, bananas can replace the potassium lost in sweat during prolonged. Through thoughtful design, we create clothing and accessories with detailed craftsmanship in luxurious materials. Also available on other music platforms:http://music.mediacube.network/Banana#DBillions.