Vickys Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF. Combine the flour, xanthan gum if using & baking powder in a bowl. Cut in the 'butter' and rub between your fingers until the flour resembles breadcrumbs then mix in the sugar. Mix in the apple and dried fruit and form a soft dough, adding the milk as necessary.
Great recipe for Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF. Crunchy on the outside, soft inside. Our equivalent of the American hash brown I love cinnamon and use it at every opportunity. You can have Vickys Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Vitalite margarine / safe 'butter' of choice.
- Prepare of light brown sugar.
- You need of small diced apple.
- You need of heaped tbsp applesauce.
- You need of light coconut milk.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s of melted 'butter' of choice.
- You need of Light brown sugar as required for topping.
Vickys Apple Pie Tacos, GF DF EF SF NF. vickys apple pie tacos, gf df ef sf nf, Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is very true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. Vickys Toffee Apple Jam, GF DF EF SF NF.
Vickys Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C /400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, cinnamon and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Cut in the 'butter' with a fork then mix in the sugar.
- Mix in the applesauce, milk and chopped apple and form a soft, slightly wet dough.
- Pat the dough out on the tin to a circle around 1 inch thick, score into 8 wedges with a sharp knife and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and set.
- Brush with the melted 'butter' and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Cut the wedges out properly then let cool to serve.
Here is how you achieve it. I had just enough flour left to make these treats for the kids to make up for the lockdown stopping us going to the traditional National Trust Easter Egg Hunt that we've done every Easter Weekend since they were little. We mostly make sweet scones for spreading with jam but savoury ones are delicious too! Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF. Here is how you cook it.