Mandys cheesy scones/biscuits. Fluffy, rich, creamy, cheesy, light and gorgeously tender. Cheddar cheese scones (or biscuits as Americans would call them) are a quick bread – about half an hour from inception to eating. They dont require any special equipment, in fact I prefer to grate the butter and cheddar directly into the flour and mix with the fingers.
I used to grate the cheese for her – thick, yellow shavings of mature cheddar cheese – lovingly grated into a bowl, minus a few fingerfuls that ended up in my mouth. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese and stir to combine. You can have Mandys cheesy scones/biscuits using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mandys cheesy scones/biscuits
- Prepare 350 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 85 grams of cold cubed butter.
- It’s 175 ml of milk.
- Prepare 100 grams of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten to glaze.
- Prepare as needed of flour to roll dough on.
Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until it forms a dough. Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. After baking, while still hot, brush on melted butter mixed with garlic powder, parsley flakes and Italian seasoning. In a large bowl, sift together flour and salt.
Mandys cheesy scones/biscuits instructions
- Heat oven to 200C/400F.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a mixing bowl and rub together with your fingers until it resembles sand.
- Add cheese mix well..
- Create a well in flour and add milk,bring the mix together into a dough add more milk if needed..
- On a clean work surface dust with flour add dough and roll out to 4cm thick. Using a 5 cm cookie cutter cut out scones until all the dough is used up, place on a baking sheet and glaze with beaten egg..
- Bake for 10 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. Remove and allow to cool slightly then dive in..
Rub in butter lightly with finger tips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a fork or your fingers until mixture resembles looks like tiny pebbles. Stir in California Ripe Olives, chopped fresh thyme and cheddar cheese. Pour in buttermilk and knead just until dough comes together.