Banana drop scones. Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and stir in the egg. Stir in the mashed bananas and enough milk to make batter the consistency of thick cream.
Add the sugar and cook for two minutes until golden. Add the cream and banana and cook for one more minute. Serve the drop scones with the caramelised bananas on top. You can have Banana drop scones using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana drop scones
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 4 of over ripe bananas.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar/per your taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
To make the caramelised bananas, in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat melt the butter. Add the sugar and cook for two minutes until golden. Add the cream and banana and cook for one more minute. Serve the drop scones with the caramelised bananas on top.
Banana drop scones instructions
- Mash bananas, beat in eggs.
- Mix flour, sugar,baking and nutmeg.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture..
- Add the milk slowly till you get a good consistency, not too watery nor too thick.
- Heat pan,pour the batter,once bubbles start appearing,turn over n fry the other side..
- Repeat above till batter is finished.
- Serve with hot tea, coffee, honey or syrup.
Brush scones with milk, then top with a little coarse sugar if desired for extra crunch. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. The other truly great thing about scones is that the golden, yielding crust, wonderful flaky, tender interior, and delicious not-too-sweet flavour, are all achieved from just a handful of pantry staples. There was only one, not enough for banana bread, but just right for eight scones. Combine wet and dry ingredients; stir until the dry ingredients are damp.