Banana Drop Scones. Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and stir in the egg. Stir in the mashed bananas and enough milk to make batter the consistency of thick cream.
Add the sugar and cook for two minutes until golden. Add the cream and banana and cook for one more minute. Serve the drop scones with the caramelised bananas on top. You can have Banana Drop Scones using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Drop Scones
- It’s 5 cups of flour.
- It’s 5 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 of large ripe bananas.
- It’s 250 g of margarine.
- It’s 2 cup of sour milk.
To make the caramelised bananas, in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat melt the butter. Add the sugar and cook for two minutes until golden. Add the cream and banana and cook for one more minute. Serve the drop scones with the caramelised bananas on top.
Banana Drop Scones step by step
- Melt margarine on low heat then add sugar and mix well then set aside.
- In another bowl smash bananas and add eggs and mix well.
- Add the two mixture together.
- Mix well then add flour (sifted with baking powder) add milk then mix well.
- Pour in a greased pan and bake at 170 degrees till golden brown..
Brush scones with milk, then top with a little coarse sugar if desired for extra crunch. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. The other truly great thing about scones is that the golden, yielding crust, wonderful flaky, tender interior, and delicious not-too-sweet flavour, are all achieved from just a handful of pantry staples. There was only one, not enough for banana bread, but just right for eight scones. Combine wet and dry ingredients; stir until the dry ingredients are damp.