FLUFFY SCONES. The dough will be kinda sticky, but you should be able to form it without problems. If not, add some more flour. To make flaky, fluffy scones, you need to start with cold butter.
When the dough is baking the butter will melt inside the scone and leave a perfect buttery and flaky scone. English scones are made differently from American scones, and instead of being stiff and dry, they're fluffy and soft. A lot of people think these look like biscuits, and they kind of do, but they're prepared quite differently. You can cook FLUFFY SCONES using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of FLUFFY SCONES
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of SELF RAISING FLOUR.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of CASTOR SUGAR.
- You need 60 grams of BUTTER.
- It’s 1 pinch of SALT.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of BUTTERMILK.
As the scones are baking, prepare a simple glaze to finish them off. I opted for a bright glaze—made with freshly grated ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice, and confectioners' sugar—. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Rub in the butter and oil until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
FLUFFY SCONES instructions
- preheat oven to 200`c.
- grease and flour your oven pan.
- sift flour, sugar, salt in a bowl and add butter. rub with your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- make a well in the centre and using a wooden spoon, mix until you have a well mixed dough.
- place on a lightly floured surface and press the dough with your hands to a 3cm thick round.
- dip a cutter or drinking glass into flour and cut out scones and place the scones in a well prepared pan.
- bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- enjoy with jam and cream.
Add the raisins or the mediterranean filling. What to serve on Homemade Fluffy Scones? Now you will need something delicious to spread over your delicious, fluffy scone. Strawberry jam and cream is a classic topping but if you're looking for a change, why not try some of these yummy condiments. Scones require a light touch – so handle the dough with care!