Savory Scones. Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Grate the frozen butter into the dry ingredients. Savory scones are a wonderful side dish to serve with dinner, as an appetizer, served with soup, or as a savory snack at teatime.
A buttery-rich scone is nothing more than a glorified biscuit made even more delicious with our sweet and savory Southern twists. These fluffy treats pair exceptionally well with a cup of joe or tea. Famously known for their crumbly exterior and soft interior, these baked goods are oh-so-irresistible. You can cook Savory Scones using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Scones
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 75 g of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk.
Rich and tasty savory brunch scones, bursting with cooked ham, juicy cranberries, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and Cheddar cheese. Red pepper flakes add a hint of spice. As for cheese, use any kind of hard cheese you prefer. Easy Cheese and Garlic Scones Sweet or savory scones can be made ahead and frozen.
Savory Scones step by step
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut butter in small cubes and add to the mix. Butter has to be cold and firm.
- Mix butter into flour with fork/knife, until you get a sandy consistency..
- Quickly add milk and mix with minimum kneading, just enough to form a soft dough. You can do a final mix with a wooden spoon to make it all come together better, before putting your hands in; this way you minimizing melting the butter with your warm hands..
- Cut scones (3/4 inch high) and put on buttered tray.
- Bake 12 mins in high temperature (200 C) oven. Let rest/cool down 5 mins covered with a kitchen cloth..
Divide your scone dough in two. These Cheddar and Chive Savory Scones make great appetizers too! Simply divide the dough into four smaller portions and cut each into tiny wedges. Brush the scones with a bit of cream; this will help their crust brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan.