My Garlic Bacon Pasta. A simple sauce for pasta With just, bacon, olive oil and garlic, you can make an easy yet delicious sauce for your pasta! Cook the bacon in olive oil until it's crispy and has released all of the delicious fats. This bacony olive oil is then used to cook the garlic slivers in.
Add oil and butter to the skillet. Cook the Pasta according to package. Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp. You can cook My Garlic Bacon Pasta using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Garlic Bacon Pasta
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 oz of angel hair pasta.
- It’s 6-8 strips of bacon.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of Fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s of Grated parmesan cheese.
Simple Bacon & Garlic Pasta JohnGoins. And now, you have the time to make something good. With just a few pantry staples, you can create a lovely meal that will keep you going. Boil spaghetti in salted water as per package directions until al dente.
My Garlic Bacon Pasta instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the salt and cook the pasta until done..
- Once the pasta is cooked reserve 2 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta..
- Chop the bacon into smallish dice, add a tablespoon of the olive oil to a frying pan then cook the bacon over medium high for 4-5 minutes until crispy..
- Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the pan using a slotted spoon, leaving the oil and bacon grease behind..
- Reduce the heat under the pan and add the remaining olive oil and the minced garlic. Stir constantly for 2 minutes and as soon as the garlic has softened but not yet colored, add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and turn the heat back up..
- Boil this mixture for a minute then add in the now drained pasta, keeping the frying pan on the heat..
- Add a further 1/2 cup of pasta water and toss and stir the pasta in the sauce until it is cooked to your liking. You might need to add more pasta water..
- Once your garlic 'sauce' has coated the pasta, add the cooked bacon and any collected juices back into the pasta then season to taste. (Depending on the saltiness of your bacon you might need salt, add some pepper to.).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan. Also could add some capers to it..
Reserve cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. While the pasta is boiling, heat a large pan or skillet and add the diced bacon to it. Cook till the bacon is slightly crisp and light brown. This Lemon Garlic and Crispy Bacon Pasta is made by first sauteing onion and garlic in butter. Farfalle is cooked until al dente and is tossed with the garlic butter and fresh lemon juice.